Emiliana Coyam 2020 Organic 75cl

Emiliana Coyam 2020 Organic 75cl

Only 0 per customer!

Limited stock

Delivery

  • Express Delivery (Next working day) - £6.95.
  • 2 to 3 working days - £5.49.
  • Saturdays - from £15
  • FREE on all orders over £150
British mainland only. Please see our delivery page for more information
Order before 14:00 for delivery on 27 Feb 2024
Order today for delivery on 27 Feb 2024

Description

Intensely violet in color, this wine expresses a harmony of ripe black fruit such as berries, cassis, and forest fruits, delicately blended with oak, saddle leather and vanilla notes. The palate offers well-balanced volume, soft, round tannins, and a long finish that shows both character and personality.

Producer Details
With 250 hectares of Institute for Marketecology (IMO) and Demeter certified organic vineyards and a further 250 hectares in conversion, Emiliana is one of the worlds most important producers of Organic and Biodynamic wines. Their spectacular Biodynamic vineyard and winery at Los Robles is a model that attracts visiting viticulturalists and winemakers from all over the world. Jose Guilsasti (viticulture) and Alvaro Espinosa (winemaking) were key to establishing this project but there is a wealth of young talent involved. These innovative wines are made with great care and attention and the results are inspiring. The flagship Coyam has already become one of Chiles iconic wines but the whole range excels.

In the Vineyard
Yields for black grapes were lower than in a normal year and optimal sugar levels were reached well before the estimated harvest date, while phenolic maturity came later than usual. The soil contains a mixture of clay and sand, with the depth of the soils 2 - 3 meters, optimal for red varieties. The wine is made from a blend of Syrah (45%), Cabernet (27%), Carmenere (11%), Merlot (14%), Mourvedre (3%).

In the Winery
The grapes were hand-picked and transported to a conveyor belt, undergoing a double selection process before and after going through the crusher-destemmer. Coyams vinification process began with a 45day cold soak at 810C (4650F). Alcoholic fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks with selected yeasts. Fermentation temperatures were maintained at 2830C (8286F) with regular pumpovers programmed according to enological criteria. The new wine remained in contact with the skins at 25C (77F) for an average of 10 days post-fermentation and a total maceration time of 2030 days. Malolactic fermentation took place naturally in French oak barrels. Coyam was barrel-aged for one year, 85% in French oak and the remaining 15% in American oak. It is largely unfiltered except for a light, 3-micron cartridge filter used at bottling.

Press Quotes
2007 Vintage: "Cassis, spice and cinnamon blend with undertones of vanilla to make a great all-round food partner. 'A balanced, rounded wine with perfect structure' said Maria Rodriguez." Sommelier Wine Awards 2010, Judges comments

Emiliana

More info

wine type Red
country Chile
region Colchagua Valley
wine grape Carmenère
wine grape Syrah/Shiraz
wine grape Cabernet Sauvignon
wine style Full Bodied Red
vintage 2020
strength 14.5%
Organic YES
wine country Chile
wine region Colchagua Valley
Brand

Multibuy wine saving

 £23.50
    wine type Red
    country Chile
    region Colchagua Valley
    wine grape Carmenère
    wine grape Syrah/Shiraz
    wine grape Cabernet Sauvignon
    wine style Full Bodied Red
    vintage 2020
    strength 14.5%
    Organic YES
    wine country Chile
    wine region Colchagua Valley
    Brand
    • Express Delivery (Next working day) - £6.95.
    • 2 to 3 working days - £5.49.
    • Saturdays - from £15
    • FREE on all orders over £150
    British mainland only. Please see our delivery page for more information
    Order before 14:00 for delivery on 27 Feb 2024
    Order today for delivery on 27 Feb 2024
    @BUNDLEPHOTOS[BUNDLEPRODUCTS]

    COLOUR PICKER

    Select colour from swatches below