Chateau Musar Rouge 1999 14% 75cl
Sign up for price alert
1999 14% An exceptional year, starting with a dry winter, leading to a fresh spring and good flowering (although yields were reduced by aridity). Summer was mild; July and August cloudy; September hot and sunny, enabling grapes to achieve high levels of alcohol, acidity and extract. Listed in 1001 Wines You Must Taste Before You Die: Rich fruit and ripe flavours; drinking beautifully. Neil Beckett, October 2008. Licorice and rustic dust notes, broiled black fruit and hints of cranberry, musk and asphalt. Ripe and round at its core, then develops a lean mineral focus. Radiant, but intensely funky. - Greg Carlstrom, The San Francisco Chronicle, 10th January 2008. Musar 1999 - it rocks. It's harmonious, complex, exotic and more-ish. This is world class wine. Lovely now but will continue to develop for ages. 93/100 Jamie Goode, www.wineanorak.com, October 6th 2007.
"1999: This is the basic palette from which Serge Hochar, no dry academician, creates his blends:
- First, a Cinsault from a single, soil-rich vineyard in Ana: deep core, young Provencal scent; delicious flavour, wonderful richness and flesh. Soft tannins.
- Next, a Cinsault from Ammiq's very gravelly soil: fragrant, lighter style, more charm.
- Then Carignan from a lighter soil in the Ana district: Deep, velvety; spicy garrigue scent (I was reminded of Corbires in the Languedoc), flavour more aromatic. Lastly, Cabernet Sauvignon from Kefraya's rocky soil: very deep purple; sweet, lovely crisp flavour, excellent tannins and acidity.
- End taste of violets and blackcurrants."
In the Chateau Musar cellars, Dec 1999
- Economy (3 to 5 working days) - £4.95 per order to the same address.
- Express Next Working Day - £6.95 per order to the same address.
For all other services and international shipping charges refer to 'Delivery Information'.
||Carignan, Carignan, Cinsault, Cabernet Sauvignon