The grapes were sourced from Vergelegens premium vineyards located on South/South West facing slopes. The soils are Helderberg granite or Clovelly. Rootstock used is R 110 which is very suitable for dry-land conditions. As a result of cool conditions and wind, yields were extremely low at 4.5 tons/ha.
No skin contact is employed. The majority of the grapes were whole bunch pressed, settled to a turbidity of 175 NTUs and then racked to 225l French barrels for fermentation. 40% of the wine was barrel fermented and matured on the lees for 10 months. The remainder (60%) was fermented in stainless steel tanks.
Pale green-gold colour with intensely focused flavours showing citrus, biscuits, toast and ripe fruits. The taste is long and elegant with excellent fruit / wood integration.