Dallas Dhu Distillery was built 6 miles from Dallas by Wright & Greig Ltd, a Glasgow based blending company. Construction was completed in April 1899.
The distillery changed hands twice before it was taken over by the DCL in 1929. In April 1939 the distillery went on fire causing 7000 worth of damage. During the second World War the distillery remained closed. In 1950 the distillery was connected to the national grid. Up until 1971 the wash still rummager was powered by a water wheel. Dallas Dhu stopped production in 1983.
In 1988 it was bought by Scotlands Historic Buildings and Monuments Directorate, it is now a museum and part of Speysides Whisky trail.
Gordon & Macphail bottling, Map label