Convalmore takes its name from the Conval hills to the west of the distillery, this is where it gets its water supply from. The distillery was established in 1893 by Convalmore - Glenlivet Distillery Company and production began in
February of 1894. Ten years later the distillery went into liquidation and it was then sold to W P Lowrie & Company. After facing financial troubles in 1906 Lowrie sold the distillery to James Buchanan, their best customer. DCL took
over the distillery in 1930, and in 1985 it was mothballed. Wm Grant & Sons purchased the site for its warehouse space. Convalmore has only been bottled as a single malt by independant bottlers.
Distilled: January & September 1984
Bottled June 2010
Nose: Light estery notes, hints of vanilla and fruity.
Palate: Spicy - pepper, sweet and mouth watering.
Body: Light to medium
Finish: Well balanced
Cask Type; refill sherry hogshead